Call for Papers
IEEE Cluster 2016 is the 18th edition of the IEEE Cluster conference series
Clusters are the primary architecture for building today's rapidly evolving cloud and HPC infrastructures, and are used to solve some of the most complex problems. The challenge to make them scalable, efficient, and more functional requires a community effort in the areas of cluster system design, management and monitoring, at the hardware, system, middleware and application levels.
Following the successes of previous IEEE Cluster conferences (http://www.clustercomp.org/), for IEEE Cluster 2016, which will be held September 12-16, 2016 in Taipei Taiwan, we again solicit high-quality original work that advances the state-of-the-art in clusters and closely related fields. All papers will be rigorously peer-reviewed for their originality, technical depth and correctness, potential impact, relevance to the conference, and quality of presentation. Research papers must clearly demonstrate novel research contributions while papers reporting experiences must clearly describe lessons learned and impact, along with the utility of the approach compared to previous ones.
Authors must indicate the primary area of preference out of the four areas below. They may optionally rank the other areas. The paper may be accepted as a full paper, or the committee might decide to accept it as a short paper with 4 pages in the proceedings.
- HPC applications on clusters
- Performance modeling and measurement
- Novel algorithms on clusters
- Hybrid programming techniques (e.g., MPI+OpenMP)
- Cluster benchmarks
- Application-level libraries on clusters
- Effective use of clusters in novel applications
- Performance evaluation tools
Area 2: Architecture, Network/Communications, and Management
- Energy-efficient cluster architectures
- Node and system architecture
- Packaging, power and cooling
- GPU/ManyCore and heterogeneous clusters
- Interconnect/memory architectures
- Single system image clusters
- Administration and maintenance tools
Area 3: Programming and System Software
- Cluster system software/operating systems
- Cloud-enabling cluster technologies and virtualization
- Energy-efficient middleware
- Cluster system-level protocols and APIs
- Cluster security
- Resource and job management
- Programming and software development environments on clusters
- Fault tolerance and high-availability
Area 4: Data, Storage, and Visualization
- Cluster architectures for big data storage and processing
- Middleware for big data management
- Cluster-based cloud architectures for big data
- File systems and I/O libraries
- Support and integration of non-volatile memory
- Visualization clusters and tiled displays
- Big data visualization tools
- Programming models for big data processing
- Big data application studies on cluster architectures
Paper Submission Paper Format: Since the camera-ready version of accepted papers must
be compliant with the IEEE Xplore format for publication, submitted
papers must conform to the following Xplore layout, page limit, and
- Submissions must be in PDF format.
- Submissions are required to be within 10 pages (all inclusive).
- Submissions must be single-spaced, 2-column numbered pages in IEEE Xplore format (8.5x11-inch paper, margins in inches -- top: 0.75, bottom: 1.0, sides:0.625, and between columns:0.25, main text: 10pt).
- Submissions are NOT double-blind. Author information can be included on the submission and will be visible to the reviewers.
|LaTeX and Word Templates are available here:
- Only web-based submissions are allowed.
|Please submit your paper via the submission system:
Submission Link: https://ssl.linklings.net/conferences/ieeecluster/
- No separate abstract deadline
- Full Papers due:
May 6, 2016May 14, 2016 (Final Deadline)
(Anywhere on Earth (AoE), http://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/aoe)
- Paper Acceptance Notification: July 1, 2016
- Camera-ready deadline: T.B.D.
- Conference: September 12 thorugh 16, 2016
- Jack Dongarra, University of Tennessee, USA
- Satoshi Matsuoka, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
- Chung-Ta King, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
- Bronis R. de Supinski, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, USA
Complete committee list is available here: http://www.ieeecluster2016.org/Commitees.html